I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Madison of C’est la Moot!
So basically the idea of this award is to give a shout-out to those blogs who don’t have such a huge following but are great nonetheless :)
The rules are as follows:
-You post 11 random facts about yourself
-You answer 11 questions that the person who nominated you will post
– And finally, you choose 11 new blogs with under 200 followers for their Liebster Award!
Check out my random facts, answers and nominations after the jump!
Now let’s get down to the random facts!
- I’m writing my thesis about Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- I write for a literature magazine for teens.
- I have seen almost all the Harry Potter actors live (I’m a HUGE fan).
- I’m constantly getting rid of old clothes because my closets are so full.
- I have worked at Linnanmäki (the biggest amusement park in Finland).
- I tend to do everything in bed – school work, writing work, reading.
- I’m studying the most useless combination of things: English, philosophy and television studies (in Finland I can’t be a writer with my English degree – at least not very easily :( ).
- I dye my hair red with henna pretty much once a year or two – then I go back to my natural color by growing it out (I cut it short all the time).
- I’ve studied Swedish for about eight years (at least) and I still don’t know a word of it :P
- I’m obsessed with everything lime green and turquoise.
- I carry books around to — well, almost everywhere. I used to take books to parties as well!
Here are my answers to Madison’s questions!
1. What is your best childhood memory? It has to be the time I came home from school a few days before my birthday (in elementary school) and I found this big box in the living room…and suddenly the box started moving and a little black furry bunny came out! My mom wanted to surprise me with a pet. I named him Rollo and I still miss having that crazy old ball of fur.
2. If you could live anywhere around the world, where would it be and why? I really like living in Helsinki but somehow I also think that living in London, or somewhere near London – or maybe Oxford – would be amazing (yeah, I’m slightly obsessed with UK). I’ve visited London and Oxford a few times and I just love the atmosphere. Oxford is so peaceful and romantic somehow, and London is bustling and so alive.
3. If you had to be an animal, what would you choose? Well, I absolutely love water and swimming so I’d probably be a dolphin (also dolphins seem pretty happy all the time, right?). But being an eagle would be amazing too.
4. Regardless of how realistic or unrealistic, what is your dream job? I’d love to be a journalist or any kind of writer really. Or an artist of some kind. Anything creative!
5. If you had to read one book, listen to one song, and watch one movie for the rest of forever, what would you choose? Harry Potters are my favorite books so those I could read over and over. I actually DO read them over and over. Song could be Demons by Imagine Dragons. And the movie could maybe be 10 Things I Hate About You. But only if I had to pick – in reality, I could never choose.
6. What is your must have/ go to beauty product? My Acnicyl moisturizer – I have extremely sensitive skin and I get bad reactions to most beauty products but this moisturizer is a life saver. I don’t think they sell it outside Nordic countries but basically it’s just very gentle acne cream from the pharmacy :)
7. If you could witness any major event in history, what would it be and why? I would’ve loved to be there for Woodstock (I’ve gotten too many influences from movies). The music, the lifestyle, the love, the clothes…THE FREEDOM!
8. What kinds of food do you enjoy? What kinds do you hate? I love Nepalese, Chinese, pizza – lots of junk food, actually – and home cooked roast. Oh, and chicken caesar salad! I actually don’t hate too many food except maybe porridge. And pickles.
9. If you had to lose one sense for a year, what would you be willing to part with? Probably my sense of smell.
10. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve seen in nature? I’m probably just forgetting some very obvious things I’ve seen but right now I have to say BALI. Everything about Bali is so beautiful. I really felt connected to nature and myself there.
11. If a movie was being made about your life, who would you choose to portray you? Emma Watson because I’m a huge fan of hers and also then I could trick people (who don’t know me) into thinking that I’m actually as pretty as her :P
And here are my questions for you:
I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers and get to know you guys better! And thanks again to Madison for the nomination!