A little update on what I’ve my life lately:
- Barbecue at our friend Riku’s house: brilliant food (smoked salmon, lamb, salad, etc) and good company!
- Dinner with Ari’s dad and his girlfriend: we went to Helmi Grilli, which is a restaurant at the mall near our house.
- Enjoying the company of our new kitten, Merlin: he’s growing up so fast and it’s a lot of fun seeing all the new things he keeps learning!
- Cycling to the nearest beach: there’s a beach 30 min bike ride away from our house and we have been going there a lot – there’s a café that serves the best salmon soup and pancakes and the water is finally warm enough for swimming!
- Throwing a surprise party to our friend: more about this in the next blog post ;)
Have you guys been watching the new season of True Blood? I loved True Blood when it started and, even though I’m not a huge fan of the plot lines that have been going on during the last few seasons, I still want to watch every episode. Especially since this is the last season! I love the books too and I think Anna Paquin has done a great job in bringing Sookie Stackhouse to life. And who could not love Alexander Skarsgård?
I wanted to do a style collection inspired by Sookie simply because I adore her clothes! They’re always so feminine and pretty – even though she can be kick-ass too!
In this first set, all the dresses are from Modcloth. I noticed when I was putting this set together that the dresses that kept popping up that most reminded me of Sookie were all from there. IT’s understandable because Sookie is very girly and has a lot of even old-fashioned beautifully cut dresses. But if Modcloth isn’t quite in your price range, I’ve collected these cute separates that are all inspired by Sookie’s feminine but comfortable style.
I feel like Sookie’s style is perfect for the summer. If you go with either a pair of black shorts with a cute denim jacket or a yellow sundress, you’ll be cute as a button for work or a party!
Firstly: I’m INSANELY late with this so, my apologies. And a huge thank you to Jess from Bookworms in Dresses for nominating me for a Liebster! Be sure to check her out: she blogs about books and food, and all things cool! (Almost rhymed.)
The rules for the Liebster award are:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Write the rules.
- Answer 11 questions and write 11 of your own.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers on their blog) and don’t forget letting them known that they have been nominated.
- Write 11 facts about yourself.