This week’s 5 Fandom Friday topic is about TV…more specifically: ”Favorite Late To The Game TV Discoveries”. And oh boy, I have loads.
5 Fandom Friday is a weekly link-up about fandom-y goodness, which was started by the lovely ladies of The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick.
I absolutely adore this show! Everyone seems to have great chemistry, the dialogue is funny, and of course I love the whole story idea (what with me writing my MA thesis about Celtic myths and all…)! Morgana is an admiringly twisted persona and Anthony Stewart Head is brilliant as king Uther.
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this show. Marvel is sometimes a bit of a hit and miss for me personally. But I really like the dynamics between the characters in the team as well as the ”mutant” plot lines (I’m a sucker for superpowers).
I don’t know why it took so long for me to start watching Reign. The characters are amazing, I love the plotting and scheming, and the costuming is to die for. It’s also very emotional, I’ve gotten very invested in all the characters (read: I cry over everything).
Another fantasy show :) This Canadian series is filled with interesting folklore and kick-ass female characters. What more could a gal want? I also like that the main character is a succubus but no one treats her like a crazy woman because of her enhanced sexuality. Instead, it is embraced. Hurrah for female empowerment.
I was a bit hesitant to start watching this show – I’ve seen all Sex and the City episodes a million times and I wasn’t sure how I felt about the comparisons between the two shows (as in, Girls is Sex and the City for millenials). However, once I did watch a few episodes I really liked the odd characters, especially Adam and Shoshana.
I never seem to be on schedule with these posts… :( I started work and it’s been pretty busy but I still wanted to publish this one since I knew exactly which characters to include in this (last) week’s list, which had the topic of ”characters I most identify with”.
The 5 Fandom Friday linkup is organized by The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick.
1. Willow Rosenberg (Buffy the Vampire Slayer): (how is she on every list I make?) I always identified with the insecure, geeky Willow who was extremely loyal to her friends and had a very fixed comfort zone. She loved books as do I and she was always empathetic toward others.
2. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter): for pretty much the same reasons as with Willow, I always felt a kinship with Hermione. She is sometimes a bit too literal and meticulous but she has a big heart and she is a lovable bookworm (which I hope I am :P )
3. Bonnie Bennett (from The Vampire Diaries): she’s compassionate and loyal, but never afraid to stand up for herself. She has great inner strength and she stands by her beliefs.
4. Susan Pevensie (from Narnia): Literally gets sucked into a magical world (same way as I do with books) but later in life loses her belief in magic. I’ve always loved the idea of magic but my belief has wavered since childhood. I still love stories about everything magical, though. Like fairies. And Mr. Tumnus :P
5. Donna Noble (Doctor Who): Donna is a klutz and sometimes has her foot in her mouth but she means well. I just love her.
+bonus: Pippin from Lord of the Rings (bit of a clueless doofus but again, a lovable one)
There are loads of other characters as well but these have really stayed with me over the years.